Aims of the Trust
In instigating the launch of the Trust, we believe that the following should be our aims:
- To strengthen the bonds between Swindon Town and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club;
- To encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the board of the club and ultimately to be the vehicle for democratic elections to the board of Swindon Town;
- To benefit present and future members of the community served by Swindon Town by promoting, encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity, and focus for community involvement;
- To provide and maintain facilities for the enjoyment of professional football;
- To promote coaching schemes to develop the football skills of young people and to widen interest in football regardless of the sex or ethnic origin of those involved;
- To further the development of the game of football nationally and internationally and the upholding of its rules.